Lab Site Coordinators:
- Information FOR Lab Site Coordinators - Click for details
- ABOUT Lab Site Coordinators - Below
Who they are:
We encourage our coordinators to share their strategies for success with their counterparts at other organizations. The Star Program Director will be happy to connect individuals or set up a teleconference upon request. STAR Fellows and Workshop Leaders will receive contact details for the Coordinator at their particular site.
- AFRL Palmdale - Kriss Vander Hyde
- Biosphere 2 - Kevin Bonine
- CSU Cal Poly San Luis Obispo - Kaylene Wakeman
- CSU Channel - Russell Bradley & Kathryn McEachern
- CSU Fresno - David Andrews and Mara Brady
- CSU Sacramento - Deidre Sessoms
- CSU SFSU - Larry Horvath
- EOS - Erin Blackwood
- ISB - Jen Eklund
- LLNL - Joanna Albala
- LIGO - Amber Henry
- MBARI - George Matsumoto
- NASA Ames Research Center - Karen Crow-Roark
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center - Rebecca Flick
- NASA JPL - Petra Kneissl-Milanian
- NCAR - Scott Landolt
- NOAA ESRL - Ann Thorne
- NOAA SWFSC - Jessica Lipsky
- NOAO - Connie Walker
- NREL - Linda Lung
- PNNL - Ann Wright-Mockler
- SETI Institute - Pamela Harman
- SLAC - Enrique Cuellar
- SNL - (Coordinator & Research Mentor) Bernice Mills
Lab Site Coordinators (listed above) are the primary point of contact between a partner lab site, the STAR Program, Program Staff, and STAR Fellows at a particular location and perform several key services. Also known as Education and Public Outreach (EPO) Staff, they:
- Identify Research Mentors able and willing to support STAR Fellows during the summer and provide project descriptions for STAR Applicants.
- Coordinate STAR Fellow interviews with Research Mentors and coordinate summer placement between Fellow, Research Mentor, and Program staff.
- Provide Fellows with lab space, supplies, equipment, access credentials, and safety training needed to participate in the research.
- Educate Research Mentors about STAR Program goals, expectations, and deadlines.
- Coordinate site activities and evaluations with Workshop Leaders
- Coordinate STAR Fellow orientations, presentations, and seminars on site.
- Whenever possible, participate in STAR Program conferences and events.